Investing in the Watertown and Belmont Business community ensures that local businesses of all sizes remain viable in today’s economy.
Here’s some of the ways you and your employees will benefit from your annual investment in a Watertown-Belmont Chamber of Commerce membership.
- Networking opportunities: We offer informal get-togethers before work, at lunch time and after work (Business After Hours) as well as formal networking opportunities. We also work with our members if they would like to host a networking event at their business allowing members to gain access to their business.
- Group health, disability and dental insurance: We offer our member businesses with 50 or fewer full time employees an opportunity to buy discounted health insurance through the newly created, Chamber Health Coop. This new program, offered by the Massachusetts Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (MACCE), provides access to health coverage options from three premier health plans: Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Fallon Community Health Plan and Health New England. Members who meet the eligibility criteria can experience a 3% discount on medical premiums.
The Chamber Health Coop also just announced that Coop members will be able to receive discounted memberships at over 10,000 fitness and health clubs. Contact your own insurance broker or go to www.ChamberHealthCoop.com for more information.
- Economic Development & Advocacy: The chamber views itself as a major advocate with in the business community. We want to make sure that as members you are up to date on what is happening on local, state and national issues. It is our goal to not only educate but to also work with you to make sure your voice is heard on any pertinent issues surrounding economic development.
- Advertising Opportunities: We provide members the opportunity to advertise on the WBCC website. Placing an ad on our website will provide excellent visibility for your business! Whether you want to promote a new product or service, market a new location or advertise an upcoming event, the WBCC website is the place to advertise. The Chamber receives numerous calls monthly for business recommendations. Your ad will become an online business reference.
- Committee Involvement Opportunities: Throughout the year, the Chamber will be drawing upon the expertise of the business community to lend a hand in addressing your priorities. Please consider getting involved by serving on a committee that fits your interest. This is a great way to network and let your fellow members know about your product or service.
- Certificate of Origin / Notary Public: We provide signing of Certificate of Origins (a document used in international trade) and notary public services.
- Event Sponsorship Opportunities: By sponsoring a Chamber event you provide resources the event needs to be successful, and your business gets acknowledgment and advertising.
- Benefits of sponsorship include:
- Inclusion on our website, www.wbcc.org
- Email promotion to our members
- Logo placement on posters and banners that are placed strategically throughout the event
- Distribute information and/or samples of your product or services.
- Benefits of sponsorship include:
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony: A ribbon cutting is the ceremonial opening of a brand-new or newly-renovated/relocated business that has opened within the last six months. It can inaugurate an organization’s first day of business or it can take place weeks after the business’ soft opening.
Because the ribbon cutting marks a very significant moment in the business’ history, this is also a great photo opportunity. The ceremony gives the business owner or manager a chance to say a few words to those gathered. Business owners have used this time to publicly thank their financial backers, their employees, their friends and family, and/or their business partners. They also take the opportunity to talk about what their business does.
- Email blasts: We frequently email blasts to our members about Chamber events, news and community events.